- To Kill A Mockingbird (published in 1960) has sold more than 30 million copies, been translated into 40 languages, and won the 1961 Pulitzer Prize.
- The novel was made into a hugely successful movie in 1962, starring Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch.
- In a 2006 survey of librarians, To Kill A Mockingbird was second only to the Bible in a list of books everyone should read before they die.
- Dill’s character in the book was based on Truman Capote, a childhood friend of To Kill A Mockingbird Author Harper Lee.
- To Kill A Mockingbird is Harper Lee’s only novel, and one of only a few of her published pieces.
View original post 1,057 more words